Go! Go! Pinky Street!
This supersweet version of Moe was the first Pinky to grace my eyes. I met her at JBOX that sells Japanese cuteness to the rest of the world. A kogal in school uniform they called her, and I found her irresistible...
GoGo, or Iko (Ikou) as she is often called, is the first example of the Pinky book (or media) combo. The Pinky blister is packed in a larger box together with a book (or CD). Go! Go! Pinky Street! comes from FOX Shuppan (publisher) that also offers the Pinky booklet separately with a different cover.
Although she was released already in April 2004, fresh copies still keep popping up here and there. A new release is made available in the autumn of 2005 so hopefully should be able to find your own darling GoGo.
Ikochan at her cute Japanese school desk with a ravishing red randoseru (satchel).
Apart from the school uniform, the blister contains some extra clothes for Iko; a white and pink T-shirt combo, a pleated checkered skirt, a pair of high gray boots, and a green bowtie. Not to forget the cute badge for your Pinky bag!
Purple eyed Iko in her adorable pink outfit.
– WARDROBE COLLECTIONS The first five girls, Yoshiko, Sue, Tamae, Moe and Kokoro, dressed up in many different combinations, beautifully photographed in the studio and in the city.
– Simple ideas for the modification of your girls and their clothing. Sweet Miyu photographs her girls and publish the pictures on the web. Thirty pictures from Pinky fans.
– Pinky Illustrations: Post cards, posters, T-shirts, and a bag, all designed by BABYsue.
– Factorys of Pinky:st. lists the Pinkys released so far, as well as the rare convention only resin kits, all beautifully photographed; the standing yukata, the summer dress, the snowboard Pinky, the German tank commander, and the first Pinky weapons set. The upcoming Series 3 and the Range Murata Pinkys are also mentioned. Pinky:Factory Report in China. A visit to the IZU Pinky birthplace! A special interview with Youki Kanaya (BABYsue) with some Pinky history where you can see that the originals were modeled 30 cm large, just like the Deka Pinkys (huge resin figures). It looks as if the first five were made together, even if they were released as two series.
– Art of Pinky:st. has drawings by BABYsue, followed by a Pinky manga by Futago Minazuki. Pinky Factory offers paper dolls that you can color yourself. A graphical quiz allows you to find your favorite Pinky type (if you are fluent in Japanese, that is). The last entry has six (!) Pinky Poems with musical notations.
So this is definitely a book that every Pinky fan must have!
Nature can look menacing to a small girl, even if it is only a few chestnuts.
This miniature pumkin looks more friendly.
Iko is a teenager who wears a sailor school uniform (sailor fuku) in junior high or high school. The randoseru is used in the first six years of elementary school where a school uniform is less common. Wiki entry.
Iko is also wearing loose socks, a popular fashion with young Japanese girls. Wiki entry.
You can buy some of the latest Pinky from JBOX. Please use the affiliate link in the Pinky-Street HP and search for Pinky.
Hobby products (Japanese) FOX Comic
Inga’s Pinky info and forum! All Your Cute Are Belong To Us
Lots of info in Clockwork Orange’s Pinky Page
The Milk Tea Pinky Card Translation Project
Alice’s Pinky pages Let's Go to Pinky:St!
Kanayasan (Japanese) is BABYsue.
Pinky’s home (Japanese) VANCE PROJECT
News and links from RuiRui (Japanese) How to get to Pinky Street?
Pinky mug shots with data (Japanese) Pink:st’Street
Instant*Bit Pinky Icons
Shuichi Ono’s Pinky Icons
We will go to Pinky Street!